94 Advancement of Freemasonry Committee
NO. 94. Advancement Of Freemasonry Committee
I. The membership of the committee to be designated as The Standing Committee for the
Advancement of Freemasonry shall be constituted as hereinafter described.
The Grand Master shall invite each of the following officers to furnish him with a written list of three (3) nominees from their respective memberships and who are members in good standing of the Grand Lodge of Rhode Island.
1. The Most Excellent Grand High Priest of the Grand Royal Arch Chapter of Rhode Island.
2. The Most Illustrious Grand Master of the Grand Council Royal and Select Masters.
3. The Right Eminent Grand Commander of the Grand Commandery of Knights Templars, Inc., and the Appendant Orders of Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
4. The Illustrious Deputy for the District of Rhode Island of the Supreme Council of the Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry for the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction of the United States of America.
5. The Illustrious Potentate of Palestine Temple, Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine.
The Grand Master shall appoint fifteen members to said committee from the nomination lists submitted, five (5) to be appointed for three-year terms, five (5) for two-year terms and five (5) for one-year terms, said appointments to be effectively upon the written notice of the Grand Secretary.
The Grand Master shall invite in the month of May in each year hereafter, the presiding officers listed as above to furnish to him in writing a nominee for said committee from their respective memberships who is a member in good standing of the Grand Lodge of Rhode Island.
The Grand Master shall appoint each year hereafter five (5) members of said committee from the nominations submitted for terms of three (3) years to fill the vacancies of the members whose terms expire that year.
The following shall be members ex-officio of said committee with full voting power:
1. Grand Master.
2. Deputy Grand Master.
3. Senior Grand Warden.
4. Junior Grand Warden.
5. Grand Secretary.
6. The Chairman of the following Standing Committees of Grand Lodge:
(a) Charters and By-Laws.
(c) Foreign Correspondence.
(d) Forums of Masonic Education.
7. The presiding officers of he five (5) organizations listed as in I-a (above) who are members in good standing of the Grand Lodge of Rhode Island.
II. The Grand Master shall designate the members of said committee who shall serve as Chairman, Vice Chairman and Secretary. These officers, with the exception of the Secretary, may not be reappointed to succeed themselves.
III. The Grand Master shall call the initial meeting of this committee within ninety (90) days after its official approval by this Grand Lodge. The committee shall meet at least twice annually. One meeting shall be at least sixty (60) days next before the Annual Communication of Grand Lodge and a second meeting shall be held at least sixty (60) days next before the Semi-Annual Communication of Grand Lodge. The Grand Master shall have the power to convene this committee at any time provided written notice is sent to each member ten (10) days prior to the date of meeting. Records of all meetings shall be kept by the Secretary and shall be made available to all members of the committee.
IV. The Grand Master, in the event of death or resignation of any member, shall make an interim appointment of a member to serve for the remainder of the unexpired term, said appointment to be made of a nominee furnished by the presiding officer of the same organization from which the member so dying or resigning may have been appointed.
V. For all purposes, a majority of the committee members shall constitute a quorum.
Amended November 16, 1996.